Thank you for joining me as I talk about myself! I figure if your here then you might as well know what the hell makes me an expert on all this spiritual stuff...Well, the truth is, I'm not, certainly not an expert, I know what I believe and what works for me. But no-one is an expert in this field, we are all discovering and exploring and all I can do is share my discoveries as they happen. But, do keep reading, I have created a pretty amazing life for myself and know that the ability to do so is limitless, you can do it too!
I am Imogen, I'm 31 and I live in a mill town in the north of England. I have 2 children. I live with them and my partner and 2 cats. I have an Etsy shop called Crystals, Love and Light which has been online for 3 years. I sell crystals, crystal subscription boxes and do tarot and oracle card readings. I also run workshops and do treatments in energy healing.
I first started working with crystals after a spell of depression and anxiety in 2013. When I had my first crystal healing session I lay down on a massage table and a very lovely lady placed crystals on my body and did things with other stones and bits. At the time, I had no idea what it was all about. As I lay there, colours floated around me, in front of my eyes, on the ceiling in waves, so bright that there was no doubt in my mind that they were there. As I came round I asked my healer what it was, she told me I could see energy. Before this experience I was pretty settled into my atheism and it shook me to my core. Now I had evidence that there was more to life, the world, the universe than I could see or touch and I knew I would spend the rest of my life exploring that.
So here are some facts about me, so we can get to know each other better before we begin this journey of sharing our experiences.
1. My ruling planet is the moon, I knew this a long time before I knew anything about astrology
2. I have 9 tattoos
3. I have dedicated my whole right arm to spirit animal tattoos
4. The first spirit animal guide I 'met' was Dragonfly, an experience I will share here soon
5. I dropped out of university twice! It's definitely not for me
6. My family and friends inspire me to want to make the world a better place
7. I dabble in poetry, maybe I'll share some!
8. I also paint, it's one of my favourite things to do
9. I have sold paintings but hate the pressure of marketing them
10. Thats because I'm still learning how to be vulnerable
11. Both my children have 'special needs' there are many reasons I am grateful for that
12. I have been exploring manifestation practices in the past year with incredible results! (more soon)
13. I used to have a blog on self-care. I stopped because I forgot how to take care of myself for a while
14. I can't start a work day without lighting a candle or incense and my Himalayan salt lamp
15. My kids have their own crystal collections
16. I can't choose a favourite crystal (who can?!) but a few are malachite, labradorite, Larimar, ametrine, selenite
17. My daughter is named after the addiction I had to parma violets during pregnancy
18. Whenever I make an Etsy sale I say thank you 3 times and sometimes do a little dance (gratitude brings more of what we want!)
19. I love to travel as much as possible, next I'll be exploring Budapest
20. I buy myself flowers every time I do a 'big shop'
21. My favourites are roses
22. I love books that make me feel like I'm a better person just by reading them. Most recently, Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou
23. I dream of being a belly dancer one day
24. I have 2 diaries, a calendar and about 6 notebooks on the go. This is my attempt at being organised
25. I dream of living in Denmark for the happiness and hygge but I'm not good with cold weather
26. I am an introvert by nature, not shy but need solitude to reenergise
27. My mum laughed in my face when I told her I am an introvert because she thought it meant I was shy
28. I do actually get more shy with age
29. My childhood dream was to be an actor
30. I get to live vicariously through my boyfriend as he follows this dream
31. My favourite tarot card is the High Priestess
32. I forget to meditate
33. I have misophonia, it has long been the bane of my life
34. Some of the best friends I have ever had are the ones I've made in the past 2 years
35. I did veganuary this year and now I can't go back
36. The little stuff never worries me. The state of the world does
37. My karaoke favourite is 'Like a Prayer'
38. I did an ancestry DNA test and found that I'm British, Celtic, Viking, Germanic, Nordic, Scandinavian, Portuguese mash up. Or as my mother said, I'm a 'euro-mongrel'
39. I was probably hoping for something more exotic
40. But it was still one of my most exciting experiences ever
41. I dance and sing a lot while I'm working
42. I think I was always supposed to work alone
43. My first business was as a nail technician
44. I learnt a lot about business in that time and that I'm not good at doing nails
45. I am inherently positive, I rarely struggle to find the good in all situations
46. Because lessons are everywhere!
47. I bought my first tarot deck aged 17
48. 2017 was one of the most difficult years of my life
49. 2018 will be better because of what we have learnt
50. My word of the year is 'Joy'. Finding the joy in everything is a very fulfilling practice
If you made it to the end well done! Now I can continue to share my experiences and rituals and hope to help others explore their own path in the meantime.
Love & Light,