On the 15th of February the new moon phase will come in Aquarius. In my moon phase rituals, the new moon is used as a time to set intentions and manifest a dream life. As the moon waxes our intentions grow with it. During a new moon eclipse the restart and reset mentality is amplified. Use this time to create the life that you dream of.
Each new and full moon is 'flavoured' by the zodiac sign that it falls in. Throughout the year you will find that all areas of your life are covered within each sign of the zodiac. You don't have to, but this can help you decide on some of your intentions if they relate to an area in your life that you need help with.
The new moon eclipse in Aquarius means a new start in the following areas for each sign;
Aries – your friendships are up for renewal
Taurus – new starts at work
Gemini – travel, study and adventure ahoy!
Cancer – a new start re sex and/or money
Leo – your love life is being triggered!
Virgo – it's all about changing up your daily routines
Libra – romance, creativity and kids are in focus
Scorpio – a new start for you with family
Sagittarius – it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it
Capricorn – a new start financially
Aquarius – your whole life is up for renewal!
Pisces – your spiritual life gets a boost
Here is a new moon ritual that I do and you can join in with, if not tonight then in the next 2-3 days while the new moon energy is still strong.
Start by cleansing, have a cleansing bath with salts and essential oils and while bathing, hold the intention that you are cleansing negative energy and beliefs. Smudge your home with a smudge stick or Paulo Santo or you can use a singing bowl to cleanse the energies around your home.
Any kind of manifestation ritual must always include gratitude and lots of it. The more gratitude you can express for the things you have, the more will come to you, this is the law of attraction. First, make a list of things you are grateful for, the things you want more of in your life. 10 things is a good number and we can all find 10 things that we are grateful for. When you have made your list, go through it one by one and as you read it say 'thank you, thank you, thank you' (3 is a magic number you know) and give a minute or so to really feel the gratitude. When we receive something and are truly grateful it manifests physically as happiness, smiling, high vibrations and a warmth in our heart. Recreate that feeling for everything on your list. And think about why you are grateful for them too, I am grateful for my wages so I can support my family and pay bills, I am grateful for my home because it keeps us safe and warm etc.
Now we get on to the good stuff, lets start making our intentions. Remember to make them just after the new moon eclipse, check what time the eclipse happens where you are, if you're in the UK it's 9:05pm on the 15th of February. It is up to you how many wishes you want to make, I am going to make 10. When writing your intentions, write as though they are already true and don't forget to include 'thank you'. Like this 'I am so grateful for my new home because I needed more space for my family and I love my new garden. Thank you'. Keep to this amount of detail, with every intention you need to include the gratitude and the reasons. When you have written your intentions, read them aloud and concentrate on the feeling of gratitude again, as though they have already come true, how would that make you feel?
Now we are going to take some time to meditate on our intentions. Get comfortable in a relaxing atmosphere, play some music, light some incense and candles. Remember that the more effort you put into your rituals, the better. Meditate for 10 minutes or longer and focus on what your dream life looks like, visualise all your intentions coming true, know that they will and know that you are supported by the universe.
To finish your ritual, put your intentions somewhere where you will be able to see them regularly, at least once a day. Say thank you to the universe once again and carry on with your life. I like to create a little altar for manifestation as a focal point. On it I put crystals, images of what I want to manifest, images or statues of deities that I feel connected to and elemental symbols- For fire; a candle, for earth; crystals, for air; feathers, for water; shells or something containing water (usually rain water or water charged by the moon). Then every day I take some time to refocus on my intentions, say thank you, feel the gratitude and light a candle or some incense.
I and the clients I have worked with have experienced fantastic results with manifesting in this way. But remember to put in your own effort, a job may not come to you if you don't apply, if you wish for a new car, you have to go out and look for one and so on. And also know that whatever come to you will be for the highest good for you and the the universe.
So happy new moon eclipse and enjoy your ritual!
Love & light,
Thank you for joining me as I talk about myself! I figure if your here then you might as well know what the hell makes me an expert on all this spiritual stuff...Well, the truth is, I'm not, certainly not an expert, I know what I believe and what works for me. But no-one is an expert in this field, we are all discovering and exploring and all I can do is share my discoveries as they happen. But, do keep reading, I have created a pretty amazing life for myself and know that the ability to do so is limitless, you can do it too!
I am Imogen, I'm 31 and I live in a mill town in the north of England. I have 2 children. I live with them and my partner and 2 cats. I have an Etsy shop called Crystals, Love and Light which has been online for 3 years. I sell crystals, crystal subscription boxes and do tarot and oracle card readings. I also run workshops and do treatments in energy healing.
I first started working with crystals after a spell of depression and anxiety in 2013. When I had my first crystal healing session I lay down on a massage table and a very lovely lady placed crystals on my body and did things with other stones and bits. At the time, I had no idea what it was all about. As I lay there, colours floated around me, in front of my eyes, on the ceiling in waves, so bright that there was no doubt in my mind that they were there. As I came round I asked my healer what it was, she told me I could see energy. Before this experience I was pretty settled into my atheism and it shook me to my core. Now I had evidence that there was more to life, the world, the universe than I could see or touch and I knew I would spend the rest of my life exploring that.
So here are some facts about me, so we can get to know each other better before we begin this journey of sharing our experiences.
1. My ruling planet is the moon, I knew this a long time before I knew anything about astrology
2. I have 9 tattoos
3. I have dedicated my whole right arm to spirit animal tattoos
4. The first spirit animal guide I 'met' was Dragonfly, an experience I will share here soon
5. I dropped out of university twice! It's definitely not for me
6. My family and friends inspire me to want to make the world a better place
7. I dabble in poetry, maybe I'll share some!
8. I also paint, it's one of my favourite things to do
9. I have sold paintings but hate the pressure of marketing them
10. Thats because I'm still learning how to be vulnerable
11. Both my children have 'special needs' there are many reasons I am grateful for that
12. I have been exploring manifestation practices in the past year with incredible results! (more soon)
13. I used to have a blog on self-care. I stopped because I forgot how to take care of myself for a while
14. I can't start a work day without lighting a candle or incense and my Himalayan salt lamp
15. My kids have their own crystal collections
16. I can't choose a favourite crystal (who can?!) but a few are malachite, labradorite, Larimar, ametrine, selenite
17. My daughter is named after the addiction I had to parma violets during pregnancy
18. Whenever I make an Etsy sale I say thank you 3 times and sometimes do a little dance (gratitude brings more of what we want!)
19. I love to travel as much as possible, next I'll be exploring Budapest
20. I buy myself flowers every time I do a 'big shop'
21. My favourites are roses
22. I love books that make me feel like I'm a better person just by reading them. Most recently, Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou
23. I dream of being a belly dancer one day
24. I have 2 diaries, a calendar and about 6 notebooks on the go. This is my attempt at being organised
25. I dream of living in Denmark for the happiness and hygge but I'm not good with cold weather
26. I am an introvert by nature, not shy but need solitude to reenergise
27. My mum laughed in my face when I told her I am an introvert because she thought it meant I was shy
28. I do actually get more shy with age
29. My childhood dream was to be an actor
30. I get to live vicariously through my boyfriend as he follows this dream
31. My favourite tarot card is the High Priestess
32. I forget to meditate
33. I have misophonia, it has long been the bane of my life
34. Some of the best friends I have ever had are the ones I've made in the past 2 years
35. I did veganuary this year and now I can't go back
36. The little stuff never worries me. The state of the world does
37. My karaoke favourite is 'Like a Prayer'
38. I did an ancestry DNA test and found that I'm British, Celtic, Viking, Germanic, Nordic, Scandinavian, Portuguese mash up. Or as my mother said, I'm a 'euro-mongrel'
39. I was probably hoping for something more exotic
40. But it was still one of my most exciting experiences ever
41. I dance and sing a lot while I'm working
42. I think I was always supposed to work alone
43. My first business was as a nail technician
44. I learnt a lot about business in that time and that I'm not good at doing nails
45. I am inherently positive, I rarely struggle to find the good in all situations
46. Because lessons are everywhere!
47. I bought my first tarot deck aged 17
48. 2017 was one of the most difficult years of my life
49. 2018 will be better because of what we have learnt
50. My word of the year is 'Joy'. Finding the joy in everything is a very fulfilling practice
If you made it to the end well done! Now I can continue to share my experiences and rituals and hope to help others explore their own path in the meantime.
Love & Light,
My vision for Crystals, Love and Light isn't just about selling crystals. It's to help people, to spread light and love around the world, to show that your life is what you manifest and therefore you create it yourself. The more people living lives of consciousness and joy, the more we can help the world to heal and if I can help 1 person to do that (and I'm sure I already have) then my life has purpose. A huge part of this vision is writing everything I know about living life in this way and helping to inspire other people to do the same.
Writing has been a big passion of mine for a long time, I started my first blog years ago, it didn't work out and I jacked it in. I wasn't ready, it wasn't the right time but I know that I did help people with it, I know it can be done. I have studied writing in many forms, I have also been studied religion and culture since I discovered that Christianity wasn't the only belief system 20 years ago (that was an eye opener!). It started with Buddhism and a wonderful teacher I had in high school, as I grew I taught myself about many other world religions; hinduism, spiritualism, paganism and more. I started working with crystals after a spell of depression and anxiety in 2013 and haven't stopped since. I have trained in crystal therapy and reiki. I identify as a pagan although my path is unique as I believe everybody's is. I believe that nature is divine and everyone and everything is connected, and so I believe that if I can live in a conscious way then that connection makes it possible for the vibration of the world and the universe to be lifted.
A lot of my work, other than working with crystals and energy healing, has to do with working with moon cycles and astrology. I have created rituals around moon phases and manifestation, gratitude, forgiveness and release. I also work with the law of attraction and have manifested many amazing things into my life, but more on that soon.
There are so many things that I am still discovering and learning and this is a lifelong journey that I want to share the magic of the internet!
I will go into all these subjects and more here on the blog and continue to spread the light as much as I can with my shop Crystals, Love and Light. I will write more about me, my life, my rituals, my journey along the way and I hope you will join me!
For now, let me know if there is any particular subjects you want me to cover and I'll do my best!
Love & light,